October and International Stuttering Awareness Day
International Stuttering Awareness Day (ISAD) is on October 22nd and the International Stuttering Association’s ISAD 2020 Online Conference is now live!
The theme for this year’s online conference is ‘Journey of words: resilience and bouncing back’, so we decided to ask our members what resilience meant to them, and take a look at how Stamily could help to embolden and empower people who stutter by sharing individual stories of resilience and learning from the experiences of one another.
Read our paper here and leave a comment to let us know about your experiences of resilience in regards to stuttering.
Logo design by Stamily’s own Willemijn
You can read all of the submitted papers here.
Other papers by members of Stamily:
- Sybren – ‘How I Started to See Stuttering as a Gift’
- Rik – ‘Teaching With a Stutter’
- Anita – ‘There Are No Failures, Just Life Lessons’
Check out the YouTube video we made for the ISAD 2019 Online Conference here:
And stay tuned to our social media accounts to see everything that our members are up to this month, including:
- Willemijn (@juststutter on Instagram) will be sharing daily comics celebrating stuttering victories that have been shared with her –
- Lynne (@StammerOn on YouTube) will be posting almost daily videos sharing her past ISAD projects, including her 13 video project for ISAD 2017, and speeches given at ISAD events –
What are you doing to celebrate ISAD? Let us know in the comments below!